domingo, 11 de noviembre de 2012

Hapiness


So I finally came back from my trip, and yes, it was one of those life changing experiences you read in magazines and books, but you don't really believe in, and not beacause of the beauty of the places I've visited or the scary things I've done but because of the people I had the pleasure to share this experience with.

Sometimes you meet people in the most unexpected places, who would have guessed that I would find people that would inspire me on a trip through Madagascar in the middle of nowhere? I can't really explain what makes Antoine, Nina, Julie, Elisa and Emilien so special. Maybe it is their willingness to see the world, to discover new places and live new experiences or maybe it is just their ability to give without expecting something in return, to share a laugh and show there best smile even when they are exhausted both physically and mentally.

In this 10 days of travelling, I've been happy. I've known what kindness is, and for me, kindness is not only willing to help others but it is also not being afraid to share. I've spent all of my life hiding my fears, my dreams and my thoughts, perhaps because I was afraid that others would not appreciate them as much as I did or perhaps because I thought that having them made me somehow special, you know, the misterious but cool kind of guy. I know see how wrong I was. If you don't share with others you are lost in oblivion, coldness and darkness, if you share, you find confort in another person's smile, you grow, you correct your imperfections and win new ideas and ways of thinking,  you get closer to the light, to happiness.


I see it clear now, some people need a cup of coffee or tea every morning, other people need to feel that someday they will become someone important, others need to feel loved, they need to feel that there's someone there when times get difficult.
Me, I need to share a laugh every day with someone and I have to give extra especial thanks to a french slug  for helping me realise this.


So know let me tell you what I have done this past few days:

I have crossed a river in a canoe
I have danced and loved and danced again
      I have made other people laugh
I have felt the need to shout, cry and go back home as soon as possible


I have made some new friends
                                               I have heard new voices and seen new colours
I have wanted the people I love to be with me
                                             I’ve seen trees as high as mountains...


                                            ...and I have climbed mountains as high as the sun

  I have discovered unexplored islands

                              I have felt grateful for having someone to share my experiences with

I have learnt that no matter how ugly they are, you always have to be nice to people


I have fallen asleep watching the sunset



I have seen a world of possibilites, I have seen my future and my past, and then I have seen nothing at all, I have just felt the wind blowing on my skin



I can’t wait to tell you more but I need to receive the fotos from Emilion and Julie this weekend! Until then…
SHARE AND BE HAPPY!!!!!


1 comentario: