lunes, 26 de noviembre de 2012

In the jungle the mighty jungle

So let me tell you a bit last week... By the way, a month has gone by already, wow that was fast.
Voleyball classes continued last week and to my suprise more and more students came to each class every day, by Thursday I had already 20! It’s funny watching them play because they don’t respect the rules, no matter how many times I tell them. When the ball comes, they all start running like crazy trying to hit it. It’s funny and we have a good time, but I also want them to learn something useful before I come back to Spain, and for that I have to be more serious and responsible than I would like to.


The same thing applies to the English classes. They are all really nice to me and I can see that I could be friends with most of them, since they are all more or less my age, but they don’t work, they don’t study at home or do their homework, so I have to be more distant and, as I said before, serious because the only way to learn a language is through disciple constancia and hard work. God is hard being a teacher... how I would like to just talk about their lives here in Madagascar, to know more about the way they think and also, you know, to just have some fun! At least I have a clear conscience, for I know that if they learn English, they are surely going to have a better job and, as a result, a bright future. That’s what I keep telling to myself when it gets harder and to them as well each time that I can.

But I am Spanish! No matter what, I always have fun!

This weekend we went to Ranomafana, a national park to the south of Antsirabe, and yes it was as cool as you see in the pictures below! I was so looking forward to it because until now, we had not seen any jungles in Madagascar. I was actually starting to doubt that there were any at all, but Ranomafana was certainly what I was looking for. So many birds, lemurs, insects, plants, flowers... And the road to it was also magnificent. I hope you like the pictures!


And by the way, we went there with Julian and Simone, two Germans who are also volunteers in Antsirabe. They had just arrived from Germany the day before, but they were really "begeistert" of the our plan and decided to come, so CHAPEAU for them!


Do you recognise this cute lemur here? It’s the cute little servant of King Julian from the film Madagascar.

 I almost grabbed him and took him with him! I know my sister Leti would have done it. I couldn’t stop thinking about her and about my father while I was there. They love animals so much... But don’t worry Leti, you are young and have a world full of possibilities ahead of you! Just have a little patience and in the meantime enjoy the pictures your older brother has done thinking about you! I miss you CHOSU BABY!













2 comentarios:

  1. Baby? Dónde se supone que hablas de mi?? Estás guapísimooooo

    ResponderEliminar
  2. supongo que no me tengo que dar por aludida con las fotos de los camaleones y lagartijas no???

    ResponderEliminar