domingo, 21 de octubre de 2012

First days


So a very a loong flight from Madrid to Paris and from to Paris to Antananarive, I arrived at 22:25 at Madagascar and the first I thing I saw was...nothing. Everything was so dark (street lamps do not exist in Madagascar) that we (my guide and me) barely managed to find a hotel along the road. However, the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was this:


Not bad, is it?

After picking up Jutta at the airport, the other volunteer that is doing the programm with me, we headed off to Antananarive, the capital. There is not much to say about Antananarive; however, what impressed me the most were the number people living on the street and the difference between rich and poor, and day and night. At night the cities in Madagascar seem to be deserted, with no lights, car or people to ask for the right direction to the hotel...

After doing some shopping in Tana for the university, we went to Antsirabe in this...

Can you see my hand? Believe me, it is really not so comfortable as it looks like and actually thanks to the quality of the "vehicule" we managed to do 150km in 5 hours.
So finally we arrived to Antsirabe, the place where we're staying. We're staying at a dorm near the university for our house has some "technical difficulties" yet. I'll show you some pictures of the city in next posts but for now this is our dorm:
                                    
Classes start on monday, until then we are getting to now the city, and the very poor but smiley people that live here. I hope I will tell you more about them soon!!! 

Until then, HAVE FUNNNNN!!!!

                                  

1 comentario:

  1. Baby!!! Que buena pinta tiene todo!!! Mucha suerte mañana en tu primer día campeón!!! Queremos fotos del push pushhhh!!!

    ResponderEliminar